Stonehill Seventh-day Adventist Church Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Standard/Non-Exempt Salary: $11/hour
Approved: November 24, 2014 Last Revised: August 20, 2019
Stonehill Seventh-day Adventist Church is looking for 1 full-time (40 hours/week) or 2 part-time (20 hours/week) administrative assistants. Hours may be flexible. A full-time position would include SDA Conference medical insurance and retirement plan as benefits. Part time positions do not include these benefits. Please review the job description and advise Ellen Jensen (Ellen@StonehillChurch.org) or Pastor Eugene if you will be applying for this position. Members of Stonehill Seventh-day Adventist Church will be given preference.
Work on the premises of Stonehill Seventh-day Adventist Church and School in conjunction with Pastor, Principal, and support staff to perform a wide variety of administrative support tasks.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Greets visitors, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person.
- Answers telephone and directs calls or takes messages. May be on-call with the church number.
- Maintains office, janitorial, and other supply inventories along with placing and receiving orders.
- Schedules and coordinates master calendar events, meetings and appointments.
- Picks up, sorts and delivers mail to appropriate persons.
- Types and prints letters, memos, forms, bulletins, newsletters and other correspondence.
- Files and retrieves documents, records and reports.
- Maintains records, enters data and retrieves data for basic bookkeeping purposes.
- Coordinates weddings, funerals, and other planned events.
- Coordinates with maintenance, janitorial, landscaping and contractors as required.
- Coordinates keys and lock combinations to ensure appropriate personnel only have access as required for church duties.
- Performs storage organization and minor janitorial duties such as kitchen appliance/pantry cleaning, plant care, and foyer upkeep.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of Seventh-day Adventist church practices, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in using computers, copiers and related software (MS Office, Publisher, Google Documents).
- Skill in planning, prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with church employees, members and the general public.
- Ability to lift up to 35-50 pounds.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus two (2) years of experience in general clerical/secretarial applications.
- Successful completion of Shield of Vulnerable background check.
All applicants are to submit a short resume (one page) to Ellen Jensen (Ellen@StonehillChurch.org) by September 9th and the Finance/HR committee will facilitate the interview process.