Guys Table Tennis Group
The Table Tennis Group at Stonehill exists to share lessons that will help with the Christian moral and spiritual development of young men in our church family and learn to play table tennis proficiently, while having loads of fun. The group meets the 1st Sunday of every month from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Austin Table Tennis (http://www.austintabletennis.com/). The address and directions can be found here. We begin each meeting with a half hour spiritual focus, and the remainder of time is for Table Tennis.
Parents, if you want your young man to be part of this ministry, he will need the following:
- Liquid. It’s important to keep hydrated (there are water fountains at the facility)
- A good breakfast (but not too much!) since playing table tennis can cause you to consume lots of energy
- A set of table tennis pads. We suggest each young man do chores to earn or pay for the pads they use. We will celebrate with each guy as they declare they have completed paying for their pads.
- Punctuality. We will recognize and reward the boys who make the meeting on time and consistently.
- Friends. Not a requirement, but we want the guys to invite any friends who they might think would be interested. Please do so earnestly.
Additional information for parents:
- I highly recommend this book – http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Modern-Day-Knight-Fathers-Authentic/dp/1589973097. It was really helpful to me in guiding my son in considering what values would truly make him a man.
- The cost of renting the Austin TT facility is $100. This provides us with 5 tables that we can use. If your family can contribute to help with this cost it will be appreciated. If not, please do not let this be a barrier in any way to you and your child/children participating.
- The gate code for getting in to the storage lot is 491#7664*
- For some helpful practice tutorials, check out http://www.videojug.com/tag/table-tennis
If you have any questions about this ministry, please contact Peter Walker at (512) 913-1467.
PS: Check out this link – if we stick with it, one day we will be able to play like that J – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tM5gt6d8E