“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me. But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.” Matthew 18:5-6 NLT
In an effort to provide better protection to the children of our church, all volunteers are screened, trained, and have a background check performed through a new Child Protection Screening process called Sterling Volunteer (formerly Verified Volunteer.) Click on the link and follow the steps below to walk you through the training and screening process.
- Click on the Sterling Volunteer (formerly “verified volunteer”) link above. (Will open in a New Tab)
- Select First Time Registrant.
- Select State (TX – Texas). – Click Select and Continue.
- Select Conference (Texas Conference). – Click Select and Continue.
- Create a User ID.
- Create a password. – Click Continue.
- Enter Contact Information.
- Enter Primary Location where you volunteer. (Location: Austin Stonehill SDA Church)
- Do you work or volunteer in another location? Select Yes or No
- Select your roles at the church. (If your specific role does not appear, please select “Ministry Support.”)
- You will then be assigned a training module.
- Click on the title of your assigned training module (Child Protection Online Awareness Session) in order to begin the training.
- You will have 1 month from the time the training is assigned to complete the training.
- The training will take approximately 1 hour.
- The training starts by having you answer a question. You then watch a short video segment to provide important information relating to the question you just answered.
- After finishing the video, you will have the opportunity to answer the same question again and to change your answer, if you believe a change is necessary. When you have answered the question correctly, you will then receive a detailed explanation for the correct and incorrect answers.
- After completing the training, you will authorize the background check by checking several boxes, entering your first name, last name, and social security number. The background check includes: Social Security Trace, The Department of Justice Sex Offender, OFAC Government Watch List, The Advanced Criminal Record Locator Search. A credit check is NOT included.
If you have ANY queries or issues, please contact our Administrative Assistant & Local Verified Volunteers Coordinator: Benjamin Ermshar.